Why Not Come Work for the Best?
Right at Home has been Chosen Best in Home Care Nationwide and is Seeking to Add to Their Dynamic Team
Right at Home Caregivers choose to work with us because we hire individuals who want more than just a job, we hire individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of those in their care. When you join the Right at Home team, you'll be surrounded by individuals who are just as dedicated to caring for their clients as you are. You are supported by a staff that provides you with the training, direction and tools to help you fulfill your personal mission of service.
Right at Home offers flexible schedules with a variety of hours available. We have everything from 1-hour client homes to 24-hour client homes.
The Personal Care Assistant provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes.
Location: Kaukauna, WI.
Ongoing Training Opportunities
We offer in house training once a month. Topics include hospice care to dementia training. We invest in your professional growth, have multiple other resources available to you, and can customize an in person training for specific client diagnosis. We have both LPN and Managers who are Certified in Dementia Training on staff.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions.
- Performs patient-specific activities that are taught by a nurse. These could include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Taking vital signs
- Application of an external catheter
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to):vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- 1 year experience as a Personal Care Assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities).
- Successful completion of a state-approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course required for some positions.
- Current CPR certificate is recommended.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job.
- This position requires 30-40 hours of basic care training.
- Must be reliable, dependable and have a strong attention to detail in completing assigned tasks, communication skills and documentation.
- Flexible Shifts
- We offer Short Term Disability (half employer paid) as well as Dental and Vision Insurance to all employees consistently over 30 hours.
- Travel Reimbursement
- Quarterly Reward Bonuses
- Accumulated PTO
- Simple IRA with match after 1 year of employment
- 90 Day Review with opportunity for wage increase