Thank you for interest in employment with Right at Home. We're looking for candidates who are interested in building and maintaining relationships with seniors and looking for opportunities to give back within their community.
Within the framework of the objectives and policies established by the Company, plans and coordinates clinical services with those of the administrative systems. Participates as a member of the company’s management team in planning, policy formulation, and administrative decision-making with particular reference to the role, functions, and operations of the Agency’s clinical services. In summary, the Nursing Supervisor is responsible for patient care, clinical, resource management, and oversight of the Quality Improvement Program.
- Maintains compliance to all Agency clinical and administrative policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Is responsible for Agency evaluating and supervising all professional and ancillary homecare staff for conformity with Agency policies and procedures, professional standards of home health care, state health statutes and home care requirements.
- Ensures the appropriate assignment of personnel to meet the specific need of an individual client.
- Ensures the quality of patient care and service by using specialized knowledge and judgment to assure that professional standards are in compliance with applicable State Practice Acts and Agency policies.
- Performs or supervises case management activities for the individual patients, including but not limited to, assessments, patient/family teaching and development and updating of the care plan or paraprofessional task sheet.
- Obtains the necessary physician orders for the home care cases as required by State regulations.
- Ensures that changes in the patient’s medical or mental condition are reported to the attending physician and to Agency employees involved in the patient’s care.
- Coordinates arrangements with other health care and equipment providers to assure continuity of care and adherence to the patient’s care plan.
- Maintains clinical records in accordance with Agency policy as well as state and federal regulations.
- Provides for orientation and in-service education for Personal Care Assistants, Homemakers and Professional Staff Personnel.
- Knows and interprets community resources available for continuity of patient care.
- Participates in quality improvement activities and evaluations of the Agency.
- Investigates problems, irregularities, policy violations and other reportable events implementing the appropriate corrective action and follow-up.
- May be required to travel on company business.
Additional (non-essential) Functions
- Promotes Agency to the community, participating in community programs with other professionals when necessary.
- Represent Agency before public as required by Administrator.
- Other duties as assigned by the Administrator.
- Have valid driver’s license and use of insured automobile or access to adequate transportation.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
- Graduate of a state approved school of nursing with one year of satisfactory nursing experience or as regulations state. One year of supervisory or home health nurse experience preferred.
- Currently licensed without encumbrances an in good standing as a registered nurse by the State Board of Nursing.
- Meets the health requirements for employees providing direct patient care.
- Read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Have valid driver’s license and use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation.
- The Supervisor, or a qualified alternate designed in writing, shall be available at all times during the hours of operation of the Agency for emergencies or situations where professional clinical or managerial decisions are needed.
- Flexible part-time and full-time schedules available.
- Ongoing comprehensive training provided.
- A way to meet interesting people and interact with others outside your home.
- Very rewarding career; professionally and personally.
If you meet the above qualifications and have at least one year of experience of in home care, please email a cover letter with salary expectations along with your resume to email@example.com