Right at Home of Essex County is working hard to have ALL caregivers vaccinated by June 2021. To help the process along, we are personally booking appointments for all employees who are interested. We thank all clients and caregivers for their patience and understanding.
Here are some vaccine facts that we shared with our caregivers:
COVID-19 Vaccine Information, March 2021
- The COVID-19 vaccine allows you to gain protection from the virus.
- The COVID-19 vaccine will help your body to recognize & fight the virus by developing antibodies.
- The COVID-19 vaccine does NOT contain the live virus. You will not get the virus or test positive for the virus by receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
- The COVID-19 vaccine helps you to protect yourself, your patients, and your family.
- The COVID-19 vaccine significantly lessens your chances of contracting COVID.
- Side effects of the COVID-19 vaccine may include the following: fever, chills, headache, muscle aches, fatigue, joint pain, redness & swelling at the injection site. Side effects should NOT be long lasting.
- There are three vaccines that have received the Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA. The Johnson and Johnson vaccine requires just one dose. The vaccines created by Pfizer & Moderna require two doses within 3 to 4 weeks of one another;
- Shot 1: Get your body ready to fight the COVID-19 virus
- Shot 2: Strengthen your body’s response to the COVID-19 virus
- After receiving your second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, it can take one week after the second dose to have full protection against the virus.
- After you receive the COVID-19 vaccine, you must still take precautions and always wear your PPE! Wear your mask, avoid touching your face, wash your hands and avoid gathering in large groups.
- If you have medical concerns, call your doctor before taking the COVID-19 vaccine.
Sources: CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) & RWJ Barnabas Health, FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
Here’s a tip for all who are looking to book vaccines in Essex County: Visit Essexcovid.org between 8:20-8:55am daily. Appointments are typically available during that time and easy to book!
Have the following information handy: name, address, date of birth, email address and phone number.