The Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) provides personal care and related services in the home, in East Orange, NJ and surrounding areas. The CHHA functions under the direction, instruction and supervision of the Field Nurse, Director of Nursing and/or appropriate supervisor. The CHHA receives scheduling direction from the Healthcare Coordinator.
Takes to be performed by a CHHA must be assigned by and performed under the supervision of a RN who will be responsible for the patient care provided by the CHHA.
CHHA duties include the following:
- Personal Care assists with:
- Bath (tub, shower, bed)
- Oral hygiene (denture and mouth care)
- Hair care (shampoo, comb)
- Nail care (no nail cutting)
- Skin care
- Dressing, undressing activities
- Elimination (toilet, commode, urine, bedpan)
- Assist the patient with transfers and ambulation with or without an assistive device
- Plans and prepares nutritious meals. Markets when instructed to do so by the nurse.
- Assists with certain treatments as ordered by the physician, approved and supervised
- Accurately measure and record temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure.
- Assists therapy personnel as needed with rehabilitative process
- Attempts to promote patient’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest.
- Establishes a relationship with patient and family which transmits trust and confidence.
- Maintains patient/family confidentiality at all times according to HIPPA guidelines and company regulations.
- Prepares a visit report on the day it is performed and incorporates same in the clinical record weekly or as directed. Reports any change in the patient’s mental or physical condition or in their home situation to the company.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks, maintaining a healthful, safe environment
- Participates in in-service education as required by company policy and by state and federal regulations
- Must hold a current valid certificate in good standing issued by the New Jersey Board of Nursing.
- Ability to speak, to comprehend, to read and write English consistent with job requirements.
- Successful completion of basic Home Health Aide training program consistent with state and federal requirements and for which a certificate was obtained.
- Satisfactory performance on a competency evaluation exam and annual reevaluation.
- Completion of one year’s employment as a personal care aide, nurse’s aide or in another healthcare related field preferred.
- Has the emotional and mental maturity necessary for establishing and maintaining a good work relationship with patient, patient’s family, and the personnel of the company.
- Must have a car with current insurance coverage and a valid State driver’s license.
For more information please contact the Right at Home Hiring Manager at email@example.com or Call: 973-669-1822