Location: Would work out of the local office in West Orange, New Jersey
Job Type: Part-time
Administrative Assistant Job Summary
Performs various activities related to the maintenance of associate and office records for home care agency. Answers the telephone. Assists in payroll, billing, and other clerical functions.
Ideal candidate would work 3-4 days from 9am – 5pm. Occasional evenings/weekends may be needed. This position would begin by ASAP. Potential to continue based on performance. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Administrative Assistant Essential Functions
- Answers telephone, directs calls and takes messages using good telephone technique.
- Greets and assists everyone who comes into the office in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assists with reviewing weekly timesheets and processing payroll.
- Assists with weekly client scheduling using ClearCare software.
- Computer data entry of new client and caregiver information. Routine review of client and caregiver files.
- Assists with recruiting; i.e. scheduling applicants and assisting staffing coordinator with process.
- Assists with reviewing and mailing weekly invoices to clients.
- Keeps office supply inventory and orders supplies as needed.
- Process weekly client credit card payments & insurance claims.
- Other general office and clerical functions.
- Other duties assigned by the Owner.
- Must be computer and Internet savvy, including but not limited to knowledge of the following: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Gmail and use of Google Drive.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly organized.
- Works well independently and with others.
- Basic knowledge of home care industry (preferred but not required).
- Open to constructive feedback.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Abilities
- Associates degree or equivalent with at least two years of office experience. Potential for internship credits.
- Basic office and computer skills, and organizational abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal relations abilities. Excellent telephone skills.
- Able to work independently, demonstrating sound judgment.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job.
- Driver’s license and insured automobile is a plus.