A homemaker/companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
Why Work for Right at Home
Right at Home Indianapolis North maintains a positive, welcoming atmosphere for all caregivers. Our office staff have an "all hands on deck" philosophy when it comes to caring for clients. We speak with our caregivers on a regular basis, and work to help them through difficult family issues, and strive to provide them regular shifts to earn a solid income. Many of our caregivers have been with us for years because of our family-like culture.
- Right at Home offers a competitive salary compared to other companies in our area
- Direct deposit for every employee
- $50.00 referral bonus for caregiver or client referrals
- Flexible work schedules to allow for family responsibilities
- Standard 54 cents per mile to caregivers for mileage driven on shifts
- Optional supplemental life, disability, cancer, dental, and vision through Colonial Life Insurance
- PTO is earned after 1500 hours worked 40 hours per year. Must maintain 1500 hours. Second year with 1500 hours caregiver earns 80 hours. If PTO hours are not used, then only 20 roll over per year.
- Caregivers have training through Dementia Live, and we offer periodic in service training on subjects such as Parkinson's, basic caregiving skills, and team meetings for 24/7 clients
- Ongoing Education through RAH University
- LYFT services are offered when caregivers are in need of transportation
- A Caregiver Appreciation Program is in the works!
- Drug Test (Randoms)
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Current Automobile Insurance
- Background Check
- TB Test
- Competency Test
- 2 Reference Checks
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms.
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions. May shop for groceries.
- Provides companionship for the client. This includes accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- High school graduate or G.E.D certificate preferred.
- Completion of a written Competency Evaluation.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile.