COVID-19 Safety Protocols and Emergency Preparedness
Right at Home Central New Jersey’s greatest priority is the health and well-being of our clients and caregivers. As a society, we are facing unprecedented challenges presented by the coronavirus (COVID-19). As a leading provider of home care services, we recognize our team serves a vulnerable population, and we take that privilege very seriously. Potential exposure will remain lowest for those who can stay in their homes, wherever they may call home, with limited outside contact. It is our desire to work with you and your family to maintain this option for your loved one.
As part of our standard operating procedures, Right at Home of Central New Jersey caregivers are trained on ways to reduce the risk of illness. We all have the responsibility to remain vigilant about good handwashing. This cannot be overstated. Right at Home of Central New Jersey to actively monitor the recommendations and guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, and our state and local departments of health. COVID-19 is creating many “never before” moments that we are all working through together. We thank you for the opportunity to serve you and your loved ones. If you should have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our office at any time.
Our Right COVID-19 Recovery Program
Because New Jersey has been one of the most affected states in terms of the number of COVID-19 patients treated, Right at Home of Central New Jersey is proud to announce our Right COVID-19 Recovery Program. This innovative program can help you or your family members receive continued support as you are on the road to recovery.
Free Covid-19 Testing
Right at Home of Central New Jersey now offers free Covid-19 testing for caregivers and clients.
- Testing in office or in the home: Hourly caregivers may come in and be tested or a test can be brought to live-in caregivers in the client's home. Clients may be tested as well.
- Proper PPE: We ensure all caregivers are supplied with proper PPE when working with our clients.
- Feel safe in your own home: Have the piece of mind knowing you can receive care while remaining safely in your home.
Lab results in 24 to 48 hours | 15 minute rapid test
We now offer Concierge Covid-19 Testing Kits delivered directly to your home or business. Click Here for more details.
103-year-old woman gets first COVID-19 vaccine for N.J. nursing home residents
Mildred Clements received the shot shortly after 9 a.m. on Dec. 28th, 2020, as Gov. Phil Murphy and the state’s top health official were there to witness the event at Roosevelt Care Center in Old Bridge, NJ.
Right at Home Central New Jersey: COVID-19 Competent Model of Care
In Our Office
Remote office at the moment
Office staff in the office each day - one person at a time so that office is accessible
Documents exchanged via drop box at the entrance to the office building
PPE left for caregivers outside the office door on a table set up for said purpose (if not delivered directly to the client or caregiver at home)
Remote phone system setup on home devices to ensure all calls are readily answered
Daily zoom calls several times per day with office staff to ensure proper communication
Delivering door to door PPE to all clients and caregivers as needed
Ample supply purchased of proper PPE to ensure safety of all clients and caregivers
Caregivers In The Field
Caregivers must answer "NO" to the following 4 questions on Clear Care to be able to work:
- Has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or told by a healthcare provider that they may or do have COVID-19?
- Has had contact with a person (either they live with or were within 6 ft. of for over 15 minutes) diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Has traveled to a COVID-19 affected area (outside of the U.S.) in the past 14 days?
- Has a fever (higher than 100.3 F) or new respiratory symptoms such as couch, shortness of breath or sore throat.
Robocall customized each day goes out to all caregivers by owner
Weekly contact with all clients and families aside from required 30 day RN call
One caregiver to one client whenever possible
Limiting caregivers who care for clients with infectious disease to only that client or other clients with the same disease
We do not allow caregivers to work with both infected and non-infected clients
Additional training to caregivers regarding COVID-19 through RN training and Relias Education System
RN telehealth assessment and continued visits
Client training regarding COVID-19
- All caregivers and all office staff are in the process of being tested and will continue to do so if symptomatic. Caregiver testing ensures safety of client. PPE for caregiver and client will be provided if needed or desired.
- Waivers for caregivers and clients stating all of the Agency’s recommendations, protocols and policies are being followed to limit the potential exposure to COVID-19.
- Plan in place for all current live in’s to take time off who have remained in place by scheduling live in caregivers to go from non-infected client to non-infected client to ensure lack of exposure.
- Plan in place for additional precautions when returning to the office – daily temperature checks, sign in sheets asking exposure questions, limiting number of people in the office.
Adopt a Senior Program: for clients or any senior requesting a daily call or Facetime/Zoom to check in on them to help with the feelings of isolation.
Virtual Activities for Seniors
- Name That Tune
- The Price is Right at Home
- Chair Exercises
- Virtual Gardening
- The Right Chef Virtual Cooking Class
- and more!
While the primary purpose of COVID-19 competent model of care is to focus on the transmittable disease, Right at Home of Central New Jersey is dedicated to serving our clients with chronic illnesses and we have a wide array of specialty programs including but not limited to the RightCare model of care for: