Right at Home’s mission is simple...to improve the quality of life for those we serve. We accomplish this by providing the Right Care, and we deliver this brand promise each and every day around the world. However, we couldn’t do it without having the Right People. Our care teams are passionate about serving our clients and are committed to providing the personal care and attention of a friend, whenever and wherever it is needed.
Do you want to make a difference in someone’s life within in the safety of their home providing special one-on-one care? Are you a warm and supportive person experienced in providing care to seniors or adults? If you answered yes, Right at Home is hiring caregivers immediately to care for clients within Lake and Porter counties in northwest Indiana. Caregivers are essential service providers who support and assist their clients with activities of daily living. Our main goal as and agency is to clients independent and at home to prevent them from needing to move into high-risk nursing facilities.
We value and appreciate all our outstanding caregivers, and we find many ways to show it, including:
- Flexible scheduling: days, afternoons, nights, overnights, and live-in
- Pay raises on a quarterly and semi-annual basis
- Quarantine Pay under the FFCRA Act
- Promotions and Paid time off
- Employee recognition and bonuses
- Paid travel time and mileage reimbursement
- Paid training on job, in-services, and online
- Unlimited supply of personal protective equipment (PPE)
Duties Typically Include:
- Companionship: provide conversation, activities, light housekeeping, run errands, and transport/accompany clients to appointments and assist with medication reminders.
- Personal Care: provide personal care assistance which could include preparing meals, bathing, feeding, toileting, transferring, encouraging exercises, and grooming.
- Charting and Reporting: due diligence communicating concerns and changes in condition to a supportive office and care team members is important to ensure clients are remaining healthy and quality of life is improving, while giving loved one’s piece of mind.
- A minimum of 1-year experience caring for a senior or adult
- Warmth and compassion for people under your care
- Ability to competently communicate and perform assigned tasks
- Completion of a criminal background check, BMV check, TB test, and drug screen
- Valid driver's license, current auto insurance, and reliable transportation
The Following Skills and Qualifications are Preferred, but not Required:
- NO certification required; however, we commiserate pay for licensed CNA, HHA, and DSP certifications and experience
Become part of the Right at Home team and join our culture of excellence and live our mission to improve the quality of life for those we serve.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.