A homemaker/companion provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities for clients in their residences.
- Adheres to Right at Home policies and procedures
- Performs homemaking activities contained in the Client Home Record which includes, but is not limited to: vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, laundry, and cleaning bathrooms
- Prepares meals and snacks for client according to client/family and supervisor’s instructions. May perform grocery shopping, if prearranged with the office
- Provides companionship for the client including accompanying client on walks, trips to social/recreational activities, assistance with hobbies, etc.
- The homemaker is responsible for documentation of service provided via telephony
The homemaker will NOT perform any of the following:
- Personal care services such as bathing, dressing, and shaving
- Any heavy lifting or transferring of clients
- Administering of any medications, ointments, eye drops, etc.
- Heavy duty household chores such as washing walls, waxing floors, washing windows, etc.
- Household repairs or maintenance
- Cut the fingernails or toenails of any client
Additional (non-essential) Functions
Performs other duties as directed by the supervisor consistent with this Job Description and related to client’s independent living where the client cannot perform such duties due to the client’s health or age limitations.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred
- The Homemaker/Companion shall have successfully completed a written Competency Evaluation
- Must have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick, and the ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job
- Read, write, speak, and understand English as needed for the job
- Have valid driver’s license and use of an insured automobile for work or access to adequate transportation
Primarily works in client’s place of residence, travel required. Shift times and days vary with client needs.
- Flexible Schedules (days/evenings/nights/weekends)
- Weekend Differential
- You choose when You work
- You choose where You work
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home caregivers are compassionate and caring people who want more than just a job, they want to make a difference in the lives of seniors and their loved ones. When you join the Right at Home family, you'll be surrounded by teammates who are committed to our high standards, warm-hearted by nature, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a more meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.