Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of clients in their homes.
- Performs personal care activities that assist the patient with activities of daily living which include (but are not limited to):
- Assistance with personal hygiene (assisting to bathroom or in using bedpan, bathing, care of mouth, skin and hair)
- Assistance with ambulation
- Assistance with eating
- Assistance with dressing
- Assistance with shaving
- Prepares meals and snacks according to instructions
- Performs homemaking activities which include (but are not limited to): vacuuming, dusting, sweeping or mopping floors, doing dishes, changing bed linens, doing laundry and cleaning bathrooms
The Personal Care Assistant will NOT perform any of the following:
- Taking or transcribing physician orders
- Preparing and administering parental medications
- Activities outside the Scope of Practice for CNA as outlined in the LA State Practice Act
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred
- Six months experience as a personal care assistant in healthcare (in homes or facilities)
- Successful completion of a state-approved Certified Nursing Assistant or Personal Care Assistant course
- Current CPR certificate is recommended
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Possess a valid driver's license and have use of an insured automobile or access to adequate transportation for the job
- Provides various personal care and related paraprofessional services in accordance with an established plan of care. Provides for the personal needs and comfort of patients in their homes
Primarily works in homes or facilities, travel required. Shift times and days vary.
The service cannot promise to provide you with a certain number of hours in any given week. We cannot guarantee work close to your home or on a convenient public transportation line.
I, the undersigned, have read and understand the Personal Care Assistant job description, policies and procedures for Right at Home, and the statements described in the previous paragraph, and agree to be bound by the terms thereof.
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home caregivers are compassionate and caring people who want more than just a job, they want to make a difference in the lives of seniors and their loved ones. When you join the Right at Home family, you'll be surrounded by teammates who are committed to our high standards, warm-hearted by nature, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a more meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.