Right at Home is a close knit team of caregivers who rely on one another to ensure our clients receive the highest quality of care. We only hire committed professionals who have a passion for helping others and a heart-felt desire to improve the quality of life for those we serve. Successful team members work hard every day to live up to Right at Home’s high standard of care. They focus on overcoming challenges and providing professional, well-trained, compassionate care to our clients and their families. If you have a passion for serving others, can live up to our high standard of care, and want a career, we welcome your application and want to hear from you.
After Hours Care Coordinator handles client, client's family, employee, inquiries and referral sources urgent matters which occur outside of normal business hours. You will be fully accountable for providing an extraordinary service experience with all those you speak with on behalf of Right at Home (RAH).
To our care team members, we commit to deliver the following experiences when you partner with Right at Home:
- We promise to help you become the best you can be. We will equip you as a professional by providing best in class training and investing in your professional development
- We promise to coach you to success. We’re always available to support you and offer you tips to be the best at delivering care to clients
- We promise to keep the lines of communication open. We will listen to your ideas and suggestions as you are critical to our success in providing the best possible care to clients. We will provide you timely information and feedback about the care you provide to clients
- We promise to celebrate your success. We will appreciate the work you do, recognize above and beyond efforts, and reward you with competitive pay
Right at Home caregivers choose to be part of our team because we hire individuals who want more than just a job -- we hire individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of those in their care. When you join the Right at Home team, you'll be surrounded by individuals who are just as dedicated to caring for their clients as you are. You are supported by a staff that provides you with the training, direction and tools to help you fulfill your personal mission of service.
Working at Right at Home has its benefits:
- Flexible scheduling options, full or part-time hours, with immediate work available
- Competitive pay rates ($10-$20/hour), referral bonuses, Caregiver of the month program, paid drive time between same-day clients
- Access to training opportunities to ensure you have the tools you need to do your job successfully and confidently
- Career growth including opportunity for paid time off and hourly raises
- Friendly, family environment
- The chance to make a difference in someone's life
What our Caregivers are saying about Right at Home:
- I tell Right at Home what I am able to do and they give me clients that I can handle. The agency also looks at my qualifications, experience and personality to match me
- The office staff does a great job at communicating with me. My supervisor is open to talk about anything
- I chose Right at Home because I like the orientation that they provided. The training was very thorough and informative. It has made me confident in what I am doing and given me a strong foundation. I know what to expect when working with different clients
- Successful completion of a Kansas-approved Nurse Aide course
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Access to adequate transportation for the job
What we look for:
- A heart for service
- Great communication skills
Essential Job Tasks:
- Manage and communicate client and caregiver scheduling issues/changes (activity during on-call shifts and up to 24 hours following) i.e. call outs, no calls/no shows, re-staffing, late arrivals and missed clock-ins/outs.
- Use a variety of communication methods when reaching out to staff (i.e. some caregivers don't respond well to texts; phone calls might be better): phone calls, emails and texting.
- Recap via email, daily calls received from service and outcomes (including who called, time of call duration and details of conversation).
- Log recap in ClearCare and set tasks for office staff by end of on-call shift.
- Take new client inquiries initial call/questions, document in ClearCare, create tasks for office staff to handle following day, and/or reach out to Supervisor On-Call (SOC) for guidance and approval for any immediate starts, complete phone assessment for immediate starts and send documents for signature/review.
- Explain plan of care to caregivers going to new clients during on-call shifts or up to 24 hours following.
- Utilize ClearCare's 'CareFinder' feature for staffing assistance.
- Read weekly emails from office staff.
- Answer any questions or concerns from office staff as soon as you are able.
- Text or call SOC if assistance is needed due to:
- too many call offs at around the same time
- a situation you are not sure how to handle
- needing staffing suggestions if nothing is working and you have already utilized the CareFinder tool and called all available caregivers
- needing approval to pay more for a shift or approval for a caregiver to work overtime
As an After Hours Care Coordinator, you will be working outside the RAH office after regular business hours. The after-hours period and compensations details are as follows:
1. After Hours Period:
- Monday-Thursday 4:30pm to 8am
- Friday 4:30pm to Monday 8am
- 8am-4:30pm on the following holidays: New Years Eve (office closes at 12pm), New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve (office closes at 12pm) and Christmas Day.
- Paid an additional $35 for the holiday.
3. Compensation Breakout:
- Monday-Friday: $20/night or $100/entire period.
- Saturday and Sunday: $50/day or $100/entire weekend.
- $7.25/hr: active work i.e. phone calls (conversations, messages), typing (emails, texts).
- New client from after hour inquiry intake: $10/each
- Required additional training: $7.25/hour
- You will be paid bi-weekly.
- Pay periods are Monday-Sunday.
- Payday is Friday.
- Payment via direct deposit.
The ideal candidate must have a passion for improving the quality of life of those elderly or disabled and must possess the following:
- Strong phone etiquette
- Strong people skills and intuition
- Home Care On-Call experience
- Organizational and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Computer skills
- Internet Access
- Personal cell phone with unlimited talk, text, and data
- Attend meeting with office staff two times annually for training
A More Meaningful Career
Right at Home caregivers are compassionate and caring people who want more than just a job, they want to make a difference in the lives of seniors and their loved ones. When you join the Right at Home family, you'll be surrounded by teammates who are committed to our high standards, warm-hearted by nature, and dedicated to caring for our clients.
If you are ready for a more meaningful career improving the lives of seniors, apply to become a Right at Home caregiver today.